what to expect
• We will start with a short (10-15 minute) preliminary phone call, just to get a sense of the story you want to tell, and to answer any questions you may have.
• If you move forward with a full-length interview, you will receive a waiver to sign. Your medical information is protected by law, and this document grants us permission to share your information on the website.
• The full-length interview is via Zoom. You will receive a link by email. Please budget 1.5-2 hours for the interview, as there is usually a lot to talk about. If you want someone else there with you—a family member or friend—they are welcome, but keep in mind that we want most of the story to come from you, in your own words.
• We ask that you share 4-5 photos of yourself, to be published alongside your story. It is up to you which photos you share—they can be in a medical setting, at home, on vacation…your choice.
• Participation is strictly voluntary and is not compensated.
Your story belongs to you and you alone. We ask that you be as candid and forthcoming as possible during your interview, but if there are parts you don’t want to share, that’s OK. Your story will include identifying information such as your name, age, and sex. We tend not to share a person’s location unless it is pertinent to their story.